Okay, so that last one was really long. Yeah, I know. Sorry about that. I came across an old directory filled with stuff I had written some time ago, and since I had never shared them anywhere it seemed like posting them here might be a reasonable thing to do. On a positive note, I have no plans to post the really long stuff.
So lately I find myself thinking about habits. Bad habits, naturally, because one never sits back and says "hey, that is a really good habit of mine - I should keep doing that." Funny how we don't even call good stuff 'habits'. No one says "I'm in the habit of breathing" or "I make a habit out of eating healthy foods". I'm not saying they're not habits, just that I, for one, never think about them that way. [Nor do I eat enough healthy food to call it a habit, by the way. That was just an example. I eat them occasionally, of course, but more at the level where I might call it a quirk. Or perhaps "an event", or a "once-a-year thing to keep people guessing" thing. Definitely not a habit.]
So I am thinking about habits, and that get me thinking about compulsion and obsession. And then I realize that I have been thinking about compulsion and obsession for nearly a week. Nonstop.
This makes me chuckle.
But the funniest part is that I have no intention of stopping this train of thought until I figure it out. Maybe I will think about it while eating a cookie...
No comments:
Post a Comment